Canadian Solar Panel
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the leading solar manufacturers in the world, delivering high efficiency solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems Brisbane and off grid solar power application solutions. With manufacturing facilities in Canada and China, Canadian Solar Panel has a total module production capacity of 3GW. In the past 13 years, Canadian Solar has been working closely with over 1000 customers in over 90 countries, delivering over 7GW of solar modules. Some of these modules are installed in utility scale power plant that won 2012 Solar Project of the Year award; some are used by tens and thousands of families in their off grid small solar home systems for daily lighting. From far and wide, Canadian Solar stands for QUALITY, RELIABILITY and VALUE.
Canadian Solar Panel - HISTORY
Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, founded Canadian Solar Panel (NASDAQ: CSIQ) in Canada in 2001 with a bold mission: to promote sustainable development and create a better and cleaner world for future generations by conducting solar-powered electricity to millions of people around the world. They've evolved into one of the world's largest solar photovoltaic goods and energy solutions providers, as well as one of the world's largest solar power plant developers, thanks to Dr. Qu's leadership. Over 67 GW of solar modules has been supplied to thousands of clients in over 160 countries, enough to cover the clean, green energy needs of about 15.8 million households.
They have almost 14,000 devoted individuals working to make this objective a reality every day. Customers pick them because they provide the finest value for money. Superior quality meets market-leading cost structures in its modules and system solutions.
They can dramatically reduce complexity and cost for industrial and commercial customers by bundling services for the whole project life cycle—feasibility research, permitting, design, engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance. In 2020, they obtained $260 million in financing for the proposed carve-out IPO of the Company's MSS business and issued a $230 million convertible bond. It would enable them to rapidly grow their manufacturing capacity while utilizing the most cutting-edge technology to meet their 20 GW to 22 GW shipments and 1.8GWh to 1.9 GWh of battery storage shipments targets in 2022.
SUSTAINABILITY REPORT FOR 2020
They revised their sustainability strategy in 2020 and prepared a Sustainability Report following worldwide standards, including SASB (Sustainability Accounting Standards Board), TCFD (Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures), and GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) (Global Reporting Initiative).
- The first business in the solar industry to deploy 600W high-power solar modules based on 210mm mono PERC cells in May 2021.
- From the newest state-of-the-art pilot line, they've started producing N-type heterojunction (HJT) solar cell modules and have fully integrated the N-type module manufacturers from ingots to wafers to cells to modules.
- Until the end of 2021, there are 2,250 authorized patents worldwide.
- Cells, modules, and Canadian Solar Panel systems are the focus of PV research.
- In the R&D department, there are 595 experienced researchers.
SOLUTIONS THAT ARE ADVANCED, INNOVATIVE, AND COST-EFFECTIVE
- Work as a prime or subcontractor on an EPC project.
- Provide design to improve performance while lowering costs.
- Project management
- PV module and BOS component procurement
- Inspection and supervision on-site
- Construction assistance and planning
- Management and planning of projects