Solar Victoria Rebates
The Victorian State government Solar Homes initiative offers various subsidies to encourage the adoption of solar technology and accelerate the States transition to a renewable energy system
$1,850 Solar Panel Rebate
The solar panel rebate is currently open
Eligible households can claim a rebate of $1,850 off the cost of a solar panel system. This rebate is applied at point of sale, so it’s paid directly from Solar Victoria to your installer. The system is administered via an online portal – our friendly customer service team will be able to talk you through the process and the paperwork required, the first step is contacting Essential Solar to arrange a quote.
To receive your rebate you must:
• Meet the eligibility criteria
• Install products on the CEC approved solar products list
• Use a CEC Approved Solar Retailer (that’s us!)
$1,850 Interest Free Loan
If you are eligible for the Solar Panel Rebate, you can also apply for a $1,850 interest free loan to reduce your upfront cost for the remainder of your out of pocket costs (cost minus $1,850 rebate). This loan is paid off over four years, and is repaid directly to Solar Victoria. The only additional requirement for the loan component is that your estimated savings per month from installing solar panels is higher than that of your loan repayment amount, which it almost always is.
$4,174 Solar Battery Rebate
Solar Victoria are running a pilot scheme giving a $4,174 rebate on the installation of a solar battery if you already have solar panels installed. This rebate is currently only available in 247 postcodes across Victoria, check if your home is eligible. Only 500 rebates are still available in the 2020. This rebate makes installing a solar battery, utilising more of your Solar energy and reducing your reliance on carbon intensive energy a reality.
Solar For Rental Properties
A rebate of up to $1,850 is available for rental properties, subject to program eligibility and a Solar Homes Landlord Rebate Agreement. Contact Essential Solar for further information.
Are you eligible?
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- they do not have an existing solar PV system*
* Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.
What Our Customers Say?
© Copyright 2020 Think and Grow Renewable.
All Rights Reserved.